FTX + Alameda + Sam Bankman-Fried = Drama In Crypto +more
The headlines this week were dominated by FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried's undoing.
This. does not help the crypto industry in reputation but it could ultimately help with getting the proper regulation and course correcting how crypto can be built for a brighter future.
Week 45, Year 2022, Episode 35.
News Mentioned In Episode
- FTX Agrees to Sell Itself to Rival Binance Amid Liquidity Scare at Crypto Exchange
- BREAKING: Binance Abandons Plans to Acquire FTX
- NFL Legend Tom Brady Caught in FTX Fallout, Risks Losing Complete Strategic Investment
- Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Drained From FTX Overnight in 'Unauthorized' Transfers
- 3 ways crypto venture capital may change in the wake of the FTX meltdown
- Tron's Justin Sun Announces Plans to Return ‘Normalcy for All FTX Users’
- FTX Users Pull Millions Off the Exchange as Limited Withdrawals Resume
- FTX Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, SBF Steps Down as CEO
- Elon Musk: Sam Bankman-Fried 'Set Off My BS Detector' When He Approached About Twitter Investment
- Bankman-Fried’s Cabal of Roommates in the Bahamas Ran His Crypto Empire – and Dated. Other Employees Have Lots of Questions
- What happens to the FTX empire’s 200+ crypto investments now?
- FTX’s VC Backers That Lost the Most
- ‘People Think He’s Just a Straight-Up Sociopath’: The 5 Biggest Warning Signs We Missed About SBF
- FTX’s Bankman-Fried Quietly Invested More than $500 Million in Sequoia and Other VCs
- The Role Regulators Played in the FTX Fiasco
- FTX Investment Now Worth Zero, VC Giant Sequoia Says
- From Voyager to Miami, FTX Implosion Leaves Crypto World in Limbo
- How Sam Bankman-Fried’s ‘Effective’ Altruism Blew Up FTX
- Coinbase CEO Says Company Doesn't Have 'Any Material Exposure' to FTX or Alameda
- Coinbase, Ripple CEOs Blame SEC for FTX User Strife
- BREAKING: Sam Bankman-Fried Breaks Silence with Twitter Thread, and Reveals FTX's Next Steps
- Saved Once by Now-Teetering FTX, BlockFi Again Halts Withdrawals
- Here comes crypto regulation—and in a hurry
- Will Anyone in the US Be Able To Do Business With Binance?
- Ethereum Co-Founder Di Iorio Unveils Project to Bring Blockchain Computers to a Wider Audience
- Bank of Korea Tested NFT Trading, Remittances With CBDC: Report
- Mastercard Welcomes 7 Crypto, Blockchain Startups to Fintech Innovation Program
- Why NFT Artists Shouldn't Expect 'Royalties'
- Revealed: How MicroStrategy Would Have Performed if It Invested in Ether Instead of Bitcoin
- Adam Bomb Squad Cancels OpenSea NFT Drop Over Royalties Dispute: 'Artists Are Always in Control'
More News This Week
- Free Rent: OpenAI Deal Shows One Way Microsoft Seeds Its Cloud
- Mainstreaming NFTs: Use Cases, Art, More
- From NFL to NFTs, Tim Tebow Gets Into the College Game With Solana-Based Platform
- No ICO Is No Excuse, LBRY Ruling Shows — Bad News for Ripple?
- Bankrupt Crypto Lender Celsius Files Motion to Extend Submission Time for Reorganization Plan
- Coinbase Is Cutting More Jobs
- TikTok’s Secret Weapon Has Always Been Audio
- Meta Cuts 11,000 Jobs — Including in Struggling Metaverse Division
- DARPA Research on Cryptocurrency and National Security Risks
- SoftBank Posts Profit As Alibaba Share Sale Offsets Vision Fund’s Loss
- Crypto.com Holds 20% of Its Reserves in Meme Token SHIB
- (00:00:00) Introduction
- (00:00:24) Marker
- (00:01:12) Disclosures
- (00:01:22) FTX shits the bed
- (00:02:48) FTX headlines this week
- (00:07:43) Ethereum co-founder unveils blockchain computers
- (00:07:50) Bank of Korea testing NFT trading
- (00:07:56) MasterCard FinTech program
- (00:08:07) NFT artists should not expect royalties
- (00:08:19) MicroStrategy should've invested in Ether?
- (00:08:40) Adam Bomb cancels OpenSea NFT drop
- (00:09:24) In closing
Fort Brox Affiliate Links
Tax Bit Tax Software: 👉 https://taxbit.com/ref?fp_ref=9xbvu
Descript: 👉 https://www.descript.com/?lmref=L9u6Yg
Mercury Business Banking: 👉 https://mercury.com/r/fort-brox
Webflow No-Code Websites: 👉 https://webflow.grsm.io/ii4ge2tqaee4
🎵 Original music by Good Soup Music
🔥 Host: Neil Alonzo
Produced by Vocal Visual and Wizard Cats
👉 Listen to all episodes at www.cryptopodcast.xyz
👉 Fort Brox Links
Disclosure. We are not financial advisors, wealth managers, CPAs, Lawyers, or Brokers. We are sharing our experiences and opinions to be of help to those who choose to listen or watch the podcast brought to you by Fort Brox.
Subscribe to Updates
We make it easy. Get an email when new episodes drop, complete with show notes.