Silicon Valley Bank Shut Down, Silvergate Bank Liquidation +more
Silicon Valley Bank dominated the news this week. Yes, there was plenty of news happening, but this is such a blow to business. How it happened will be dissected and will people make better decisions in the future? We’ll see.
Let’s dive into this.
This and more in this week's recap of news.
Week 10, Year 2023, Episode 48.
News Mentioned In Episode
- The Final Breaths of Silicon Valley Bank
- ‘Sheer panic’ has gripped Silicon Valley VCs and founders amid worries that the startup industry’s most important bank is in trouble
- VCs describe a big mess as Silicon Valley Bank’s troubles spark industry-wide panic
- Silicon Valley Bank CEO Tells VC Clients to ‘Stay Calm’
- Panic Erupts As Venture Capitalists Tell Startups to Abandon Silicon Valley Bank
- One of Crypto’s Last Safe Havens Is Spiraling After Silicon Valley Bank Implosion
- Police Respond to Founders Gathered Outside SVB's New York Office, Withdrawals Continue & JPM Pens Supportive Note
- Startups and VCs Scramble to Pay Employees After SVB’s Collapse
- Roku Says $487 Million of Its Cash, or 26%, Was Held in Failed Silicon Valley Bank
- Wall Street Firm Pounces on SVB Implosion With Offer to Buy Deposit Claims
- Crypto Startups Scramble to Find Banks After Silvergate Meltdown
- White House Is 'Aware of' Silvergate Situation, Spokeswoman Says
- Why Silvergate Bank is Winding Down… and Why It's a Big Blow to Crypto
- BREAKING: Silvergate Bank Enters Voluntary Liquidation
- Ripple's Garlinghouse Expects 'Pivotal' Securities Lawsuit Decision This Year
- Federal Reserve’s Powell: We Don’t Want to Strangle Crypto Innovation, but Sector Is a Mess
- New York's Attorney General Calls Ether a Security in Lawsuit Against KuCoin
- CFTC Doesn't Believe Ether is a Security — Going Against SEC's Judgment
- Binance.US Can Move Ahead With Plan to Acquire Voyager Digital's Assets, Judge Rules
- CryptoGPT is Trending on Twitter… Is It All Style and No Substance?
- OpenAI President on Musk Criticism: ‘We Made a Mistake’
- Paul Krugman Is Having a Bitcoin Moment
- Shiba Inu Layer 2 Blockchain Shibarium to Release Beta Version This Week
- Terms of Service Have Gotten Out of Control
- Founded by Apple vets, startup Humane has raised $241 million without a single customer
Fort Brox Affiliate Links
Tax Bit Tax Software: 👉 https://taxbit.com/ref?fp_ref=9xbvu
Descript: 👉 https://www.descript.com/?lmref=L9u6Yg
Mercury Business Banking: 👉 https://mercury.com/r/fort-brox
Webflow No-Code Websites: 👉 https://webflow.grsm.io/ii4ge2tqaee4
🎵 Original music by Good Soup Music
🔥 Host: Neil Alonzo
Produced by Vocal Visual and Wizard Cats
👉 Listen to all episodes at www.cryptopodcast.xyz
👉 Fort Brox Links
Disclosure. We are not financial advisors, wealth managers, CPAs, Lawyers, or Brokers. We are sharing our experiences and opinions to be of help to those who choose to listen or watch the podcast brought to you by Fort Brox.
Subscribe to Updates
We make it easy. Get an email when new episodes drop, complete with show notes.